WEDNESDAY: Mediterranean Lettuce Cups with Mint Yogurt Dressing
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: None
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- Juice of 1/4 lemon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and diced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head Iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups black beans and quinoa (from Monday’s dinner)
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced lengthwise into thin strips
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, lemon juice, cumin, and mint; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine red onion, cucumber, and tomatoes. Add 2 tablespoons yogurt dressing, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper and stir to combine; set aside.
- Put 2 lettuce leaves on each of four plates. Spoon 1/4 cup quinoa mixture into each. Divide cucumber mixture evenly over leaves and top with avocado slices. Serve with extra dressing on the side.