TUESDAY: Red Snapper with Asparagus and Mint Couscous
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 4 red snapper fillets (700g)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Asparagus (about 20 stalks)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup dry couscous
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- Juice of 1/4 lemon
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add parsley and onion and cook, stirring often, for about 4 minutes, or until onion is soft.
- Season snapper on all sides with salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Lower heat to medium and place fish in an even layer over onions and parsley. Cover and let steam for 5 minutes, or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate, cover with foil, and set aside.
- Add asparagus to the same skillet with 2 tablespoons water. Cook, uncovered, for 3 to 5 minutes, until bright green and tender. Remove 6 stalks, set aside to cool, then wrap and refrigerate for Friday’s dinner.
- Meanwhile, bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil in a medium pot, then stir in salt and couscous. Cover, remove from heat, and let stand for 5 to 7 minutes until all liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork, stir in mint, and season to taste with salt if desired.
- Divide couscous, snapper, and onion mixture evenly among four plates. Squeeze a bit of lemon over fish and serve with asparagus.