Tips to stay / get on track!
There is no time like today to get started!
Small changes add up over time and can often lead to big changes in lifestyle. So if you’re thinking about making some changes, make one right now—write it down and implement it immediately!
- Try a new recipe. Cooking healthy foods can be fun and it never has to be bland.
- Drink your water. Try to aim for 8 cups each day and you’ll feel the difference!
- Share your goals. Whether you post them online or share them with a friend, that way you’ll be held accountable.
- Create a motivational collage. Include pictures of your goal and reasons why you want to get there.
- Take a walk. Don’t worry about how long or far you go—just get out there!
- Check the nutrition facts before you go out to eat. That way, you can make an informed choice.
- Say the words ‘I can’ and ‘I will’ often. The word ‘I can’t’ will often translate directly into ‘I didn’t’, so try to replace your vocabulary with positively charged words. Set a positive intention for each day and believe that you can do it. A positive approach often leads to positive results.
- Be Goal-Driven. “I want a big bench press” is a lousy goal. “I want to bench press 120kgs” is better, but “I want to bench press 120kgs in 16 weeks” is best of all. See, for a goal to be effective it must be specific, and more importantly have a deadline.
Good luck and don’t give up. Remember – change doesn’t happen over night but with persistence it will happen.