• NZ certificate of exercise level 4
• First aid
• Strength and conditioning
• Weight management
• Muscle building
• Body toning
• Tournament and event preparation
My training is challenging, energising and uplifting, my mission is to help you achieve the outcomes you are after and provide you with the tools to combat weight gain, stress and aging. Training will bring balance to your life and you will notice great improvements in your physical and mental health.
I have been involved in the sports world on and off for a long time and have practiced several types of martial arts, I also have extensive experience in the areas of coaching and training and know how to get you to the level where you utilise your best ability and show you how to dig deep when required. I also provide rehabilitation training for injuries, pre and post-surgery prehab and rehab.
Areas of expertise are strength training, weight control, toning, endurance, muscle building, tournament and event preparation, rehab and nutrition advice.
1. “Whenever I went to the gym alone in the past, I was always fixated on “correcting” something – being lazy, being unfit, being overweight, being tired. When I started training with Mus, everything changed. Mus makes me feel like my body is a powerful and capable thing rather than something that is broken or ugly and needs to be fixed. Every session, I find something new and amazing that I didn’t know my body could do, and now I approach exercising with curiosity and pride. I’ve lost fat, I’ve gained strength, I’ve improved tone, and I’ve increased my stamina, but more important than any of that is the overwhelming feeling that Mus is instilling in me a deep respect for my body and an enthusiasm for my own health and well-being that I’ll carry with me for the rest of my life.” – Harriet
2. “Mus is a true professional and easily one of the most knowledgeable personal trainers that I’ve ever come across. He really takes the time to understand your goals – whether that’s strength, endurance, aesthetic or rehabilitation, he works hard to get it right and make each session work for you. He has the incredible ability to draw every last bit of potential from you, in a way that’s highly motivating yet considerate of your limits. Every session with Mus is a safe, constructive, enjoyable and I always leave feeling like I have accomplished something. In the short time that I’ve been working with Mus, my overall health and fitness, functional strength and confidence in the gym has gone way up. I’ve surpassed many of my initial goals far quicker than I thought possible, and look forward to achieving more under Mus’ expert guidance.” – Dani
3. “I’ve had several personal trainers in the past and Mus is by far the best. Each session is new and different which keeps going to the gym fun. Everything is tailored towards my goals and we continually review and adapt what we are doing in order to maximize progress. Mus also offers nutrition advice which has been helpful in supporting my development in the gym.” – Rose