FRIDAY: Lemon-Asparagus Linguine with Italian Pork Sausage
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- Whole-grain linguine (225g)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 6 stalks cooked asparagus (from Tuesday’s dinner), cut into 1-inch pieces
- Italian pork sausage (450g)
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add linguine and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water, then drain noodles.
- Return pasta to pot and toss with olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and asparagus; turn off heat.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high and brown sausage on all sides. Add reserved pasta water and cook for 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove sausage from skillet and slice into 1/2-inch-thick pieces.
- Transfer pasta to skillet and toss with pan juices. Add sliced sausage back to skillet along with tomatoes. Season to taste with pepper and serve immediately.