Fat Burning Breakfast Frittata
You might frequently find yourself hungry between breakfast and lunch – Time to reach for the biscuits and energy drinks? Absolutely not! The best way to combat this is by adjusting your breakfast menu; being consistent with good breakfast choices is the fastest way to feeling great, motivated and ready to tackle the day.
Here is one of my favourite recipes designed to decrease your sugar cravings and appetite between breakfast and lunch!
Total Calories: 885 Protein: 55 grams Fat: 68 grams Carbohydrates: 15 grams
- 5-6 eggs
- Dash of milk (20-30 mls)
- Coconut Oil (15-20 grams)
- Almonds (30 grams)
- Feta Cheese (40 grams)
- ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper (to accelerate metabolism)
- ½ teaspoon of Cinnamon (good for weight loss- helps to stabilise insulin and blood sugar levels)
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric (good for brain function, also has anti inflammatory and antioxidant benefits)
- 100mls of tomato puree
- Handful of Basil (diced)
- Heat a deep pan on a medium heat and melt coconut oil.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, spices, salt & pepper, tomato puree and basil. Mix in vegetables and almonds and place into the pan. Cook until the top of the frittata is almost cooked through.
- Flick the grill on high, place the feta on top of the frittata and finish in the oven. The frittata is ready to enjoy when the feta starts of melt and the top of the frittata turns a nice golden brown.
- Remove the frittata from the oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes – this will make it easier to remove from the pan.
(P) 027 461 5108