Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken
There’s not much to say about this recipe except that it’s really easy. And fast. The potency of flavors in the marinade make for a fast marinade and can be thrown on the grill with just a 30 minute soak. However, if you want to impart more flavor or are simply planning for tomorrow night’s dinner, it can easily sit in the fridge in a gallon size freezer bag overnight.
SERVES: 10-12 CHICKEN PIECES
- 3 pounds skinless chicken thighs
- 4 limes, zested and juiced
- ¾-1 cup roughly chopped cilantro leaves and stems
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- extra cilantro for garnish
- Trim any fat from the chicken thighs and place in a large freezer bag. To the bowl of a food processor, add the lime juice, lime zest, cilantro, olive oil, honey, cumin, salt and pepper and whiz to combine, about 30 seconds. Reserve ¼ of the marinade and pour the rest into the bag with the chicken and refrigerate for 30 minutes up to overnight.
- Prepare a grill on medium high, leaving one side of the grill on low or off. Grill the chicken for about 14 minutes, turning often. Once each side has seared, if the chicken pieces seem to be getting too charred, move the chicken pieces to the cooler side of the grill to cook.
- Serve with lime wedges and additional cilantro and drizzle the ¼ cup reserved marinade before serving.
Spotted at: www.foodiecrush.com