Basil, Tomato & Feta Cheese Pizza with a Cauliflower-Mozzarella Crust [Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups cauliflower- grated
- 2 whole eggs- lightly beaten
- 1 cup mozzerella cheese- grated
- 1 tsp dried Oregano
- 1 tsp garlic (1 large clove- minced)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- olive oil
- pizza sauce- any favourite
- mozzerella cheese- 1/2 cup
- sauteed mushrooms with garlic
- feta cheese- crumbled
- cherry tomatoes- halved
- basil- whole fresh leaves
- parmesan cheese-for the finishing touch
- Preheat oven to 230 degrees and position rack in lower 1/3 of the oven.
- Shred 2 cups of cauliflower, spread cauliflower in cast iron skillet and cook on medium heat of 6-8 minutes
- Pull cauliflower out and let cool, once cooled, squeeze extra moisture out.
- Mix cooled cauliflower, cheese, oregano. garlic, salt until blended. Stir in egg until combined.
- Lightly brush olive oil onto non-stick pan, spread crust mix out on pan about 22-25 cm
- Place crust in oven, bake 12-15 minutes, until crust is light golden brown
- Remove crust from oven, position rack in the middle and turn oven onto broil
- Arrange sauce on crust and spread to the edge, sprinkle a layer of mozzerella and add mushrooms/garlic, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese and basil as desired. Sprinkle additional mozzerella on top and finish with parmesan cheese and drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Return pizza to oven and broil until toppings are hot and cheese is melted.